[Feedback] Crossfading, Gapless Playback

tsonderskov at hotmail.com tsonderskov at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 1 22:41:11 UTC 2008

Torben Sonderskov sent a message using the contact form at
http://amarok.kde.org/en/contact.

After trying the latest stable Amarok (1.4.7?) release, I tried
cross-fading.  Unlike some forum posters having difficulty with
cross-fading/gapless playback, these aspects of Amarok's audio
post-processing worked reasonably well for me.

However, I was wondering if Amarok's developers have listened to SqrSoft's
cross-fader for Winamp? (http://www.sqrsoft.com.ar/)  With configurable
fade in/out envelope and cross-fade levels, I find it's one of the best
automatic cross-faders out there.  Many music-head party guests has asked
what crossfading software I'm using when they hear SqrSoft's
implementation.  Trouble is - it's on Windows, which I really don't care
for.

Should we expect any improvements to crossfading and gapless playback in
Amarok 2.0, and will it continue to use Xine as a backend?

Amarok's got great potential, and I look forward to the 2.0 release.

Best,

Torben Sonderskov.