Amarok 2 transition from 1.x

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Tue Apr 1 13:51:31 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 3:56 AM, Luis Pabón <copong at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I posted this yesterday at the dot, and I was advised to perhaps come over
> to the list too, so I apologise if anyone has read it already.
>
> Amarok is my favorite audio app ever. IMO much better than iTunes, not only
> in features, but also in performance, specially with large music libraries.
>
>  There is one thing that for me has been flaky through all these years (and
> I've been using Amarok since 0.x), and that's the collection management,
> specifically safeguarding this data.

In regards to "amarok keeping data safe" in general, I think 2.0 will
be better since we plan on supporting only MySQL. Not that MySQL is so
much better, but it means that if there's a problem with the database,
all developers will experience it instead of having our development
talent fragmented.

Ian