Amarok article: last.fm - when do I need a profile, how is last.fm used for dynamic playlists?

Greg Meyer greg at gkmweb.com
Mon Sep 17 05:10:31 UTC 2007

On Sunday 16 September 2007, Ian Monroe wrote:
> People usually are surprised by the fact that the music they have is
> the music they like. :) I know I was. Which is why I usually listen to
> a slight variation of the "Random Mix" dynamic playlist (I exclude
> audio books and a few albums I don't like).

That's great point and something I was quite surprised at these past two
weeks.  Two weeks ago, I decided that I had enough statistics after two years
that I could start relying on smart playlists and dynamic mode a little more
and I am rarely disappointed.  I even let amarok make a playlist every
morning for my portable player (iAudio X5).

The only thing I'd like to do now is be able to update my stats at the end of
the day, like you can update last.fm.  I even started to write a script to
use the last.fm .scrobbler.log file, but I ran into some issues that meed
more time to figure out.

Anyway, long rant, hopefully someone found this amusing :)

--
Greg