[Feedback] a suggestion

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Wed Sep 12 21:31:25 UTC 2007

On 9/12/07, Boris <sirro.mig at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 September 2007 Mark Kretschmann wrote:
> > As for saving cover images in the tags: Currently TagLib
>
> I don't know much about TagLib, but the API-documentation says that the class
> TagLib::ID3v2::AttachedPictureFrame has a setter setPicture(). And
> TagLib::Frame has addFrame() to add these Frames into ID3v2.
> So I should be possible for formats supporting ID3v2, shouldn't it? (Without
> having tried :-)

Oh yeah, I forget: there is also this legal issue. We obtain the
images from amazon.com, you see. And the great thing about is, this is
legally OK both for us and for our users, because we strictly follow
their licensing terms. Which do not allow saving the data permanently,
only caching.

Cover images are copyrighted material (and the RIAA has an eye on it),
so it's legally gray to simply collect them from a random source on
the web.

> Is read-support for such images currently implemented? I'm not sure, but I
> think when I opened my itunes drm-free songs in amarok some time ago the
> cover was there without downloading

Yes.

--
Mark