[Feedback] make group by artist/album case-insensitive?

Peter C. Ndikuwera pndiku at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 16:05:00 UTC 2007

Many of us find it very useful! Gives us a chance to fix up inconsistent
tags.

Just right click on "System of a Down" and choose "Edit Tag Information",
then enter the correct spelling in the artist field. Voila! You have
consistently named files.

P.

On 11/09/2007, aaron.graves at gmail.com <aaron.graves at gmail.com> wrote:

> Aaron Graves sent a message using the contact form at
> http://amarok.kde.org/en/contact.
>
> First, I have to say thanks for creating such a useful program.  I bring
> my
> iPod to work, mount it on my desktop machine, and just point amarok at the
> mount point...works great.
>
> The reason I'm writing, however, is because of a very small bug.  For some
> reason, when grouping by artist, amarok is case-sensitive.  My ID3 tags
> are
> probably in much better shape than most of the people out there, but I
> still have a bunch of artist names that have the wrong case.  Furthermore,
> I can't really think of any situations where this could be useful.
>
> Example:
>
> System of a Down
> |_ Album 1
>      |_Track 3
>
> System Of A Down
> |_ Album 1
>     |_Track 1
>     |_Track 2
>     |_Track 4
>     |_etc

"Happiness makes up in height what it lacks in length"
-- Robert Frost