[Feedback] Amarok Integration

Leo Franchi Leonardo.Franchi at tufts.edu
Fri Sep 7 23:36:42 UTC 2007

On Friday 07 September 2007, alishah at ifyoulove.net wrote:
> Alishah Novin sent a message using the contact form at
> http://amarok.kde.org/en/contact.
>

> I was wondering if we could do some kind of integration thing, sort of
> like the Wikipedia integration you have, but with my site. That way, when a
> user's listening to one of their favorite groups, they can also check out
> other bands.

This will actually be quite trivial for amarok 2.0. Basically, you could
create a DataEngine and Applet which fetches recommended songs based on the
currently playing song.

You can check out examples of applets in the source tree at context/applets/
and date engines in context/dataengines. I apologize, as they are not
currently functional (something is funky with plasma), but they will be soon.

basically, the only thing you need to do is find a developer willing to do
write something like that up, or quickly writing one yourself.

leo

Leo Franchi                    leonardo.franchi at tufts.edu
445 Wren Hall                  lfranchi at gmail.com
Tufts University
Medford                        cell: (650) 704 3680
MA 02155