[Feedback] Amarok Integration

alishah at ifyoulove.net alishah at ifyoulove.net
Fri Sep 7 23:46:24 UTC 2007

Alishah Novin sent a message using the contact form at
http://amarok.kde.org/en/contact.

Hello developers of Amarok,

First off, let me kiss ass a little by saying Amarok is awesome.

Now that we've got the formalities out of the way, I'll continue. :)

I'm php developer, and I've just started a site that's all about
recommendations. I'm sure you guys know of Pandora, and Last.FM. My site is
roughly like that, except for one key thing: Instead of fancy shmansy
scripts doing the recommendation, users make recommendations. It's very
Wiki-like, in that anyone can add/edit, and anyone can rate items. I've
found with Pandora that I've gotten some really weird songs recommended to
me, and so my goal is to make a more reliable site.

The site is built, and it's currently live and kicking.

I was wondering if we could do some kind of integration thing, sort of
like the Wikipedia integration you have, but with my site. That way, when a
user's listening to one of their favorite groups, they can also check out
other bands.

My site is completely owned, and operated by me. I'm making no money off
the site, it's a labour of love...and I think it'd be a great addition to
your music player (I'll provide links to your player site too!)

Anyway, please let me know if you're interested. The site is:
http://www.ifyoulove.net

Sincerely,
Alishah Novin