Dynamic playlist based on smart playlist

Maximilian Kossick mkossick at gmx.de
Mon Sep 3 08:09:10 UTC 2007

On Monday 03 September 2007, Mark Fraser wrote:
> On Sunday 02 September 2007 11:09:36 Amara Emerson wrote:
> > > If I create my own smart playlist containing a few rules of what tracks
> > > to exclude and then create a dynamic playlist, if I later add more
> > > tracks to my collection will the smart and thus dynamic playlist
> > > automatically update?
> > >
> > > Or would I have to load the smart playlist every time I add more
> > > tracks?
> >
> > You will only have to update the smart playlist, the dynamic playlist
> > uses the new one automatically.
>
> OK thanks, what is the easyest way of updating the smart playlist? At the
> moment I click on my smart playlist and then on my dynamic playlist, but it
> would be great if I could just rightclick on the smart playlist and select
> reload.

You can do that. Right-clicking on a smart playlist and selecting "load" is
the easiest way to update a smart playlist. A smart playlist determines which
files to load into the playlist when you load it. A dynamic playlist on the
other hand uses the smart playlist that are configured as its sources to
select a new song to append to the playlist after playing a song. New tracks
will therefore be picked up automatically by dynamic playlists.

-Max