multiple genre support: ongoing work? offer of help

Morgan Venable Morgan at MOTO.com
Sun Oct 28 00:36:45 UTC 2007

Says Jeff:
>So, you should look into labels, as was previously mentioned.  But if
you really want to help out, you could start
>getting involved by figuring out how labels should work in 2.0, and
implementing them.  :-)

>Warning: *don't* simply check out code and hack something together.
Talk to the developers first.  Ask around in
>#amarok to be pointed to some.

Yep!

I'll dig in and follow up with the devs when I feel like I've got a
handle on how things are working at present.
I need to go back and see what ID3-TagIt (windows retagging app) is
doing for its version of multiple genres -- that's where I've seen the
tagging side (not the frontend) implemented -- it might have some clues,
or might just be doing something string-ey and non-portable.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

morgan