multiple genre support: ongoing work? offer of help

Arvid Piehl Lauritsen Böttiger arvid at fys.ku.dk
Sat Oct 27 20:56:16 UTC 2007

First, I'm not a developer, and I don't know much about how mp3 (or
any other codec) works :)

However, doesn't ID3 only supports a single genre? if that is true
"multiple genre support" would be something which is Amarok only (I
mean, you can't move the song to another player with support for
multiple genres and expect it to work)?
And if it's Amarok only, then how is it different from labels?

At the moment Amarok allows you to put labels on all your files, and
use the labels for filtering/grouping/whatever. Just label all you
punk with a "punk" label and make a smart playlist containing all song
with a punk-label.

At least that's the way I do it, and it work great.

best regards

Arvid Bøttiger