Mass Convert mp3/m4a/etc to Ogg

Seb Ruiz me at sebruiz.net
Sat Oct 27 01:19:42 UTC 2007

On 27/10/2007, Harrison Metzger <harrisonmetz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, I've been a casual Amarok user for about a year. I have a bunch of
> audio files in various formats which are a residue from my old windows days.
> While my Amarok on Ubuntu can play these files fine, other programs, like
> k3b, can't seem to burn them. Even if it could, I would still like to
> convert my entire library to ogg. Is this possible in Amarok? If not, would
> something like this need to be incorporated into its codebase, or could a
> plugin be written, etc? (Does a native linux program (besides using command
> line oggenc and mad, faad commands) even exist?)

You can use applications like soundKonverter to do this for you in a
batch manner. There are also some scripts which are available which
can allow you to do this from within Amarok itself. I'd recommend
going with the standalone application though, it would be much more
reliable.

There are no plans to incorporate any of these sort of features into Amarok.

--
Seb Ruiz

http://www.sebruiz.net/