Mass Convert mp3/m4a/etc to Ogg

Harrison Metzger harrisonmetz at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 01:12:05 UTC 2007

Hello, I've been a casual Amarok user for about a year. I have a bunch of
audio files in various formats which are a residue from my old windows days.
While my Amarok on Ubuntu can play these files fine, other programs, like
k3b, can't seem to burn them. Even if it could, I would still like to
convert my entire library to ogg. Is this possible in Amarok? If not, would
something like this need to be incorporated into its codebase, or could a
plugin be written, etc? (Does a native linux program (besides using command
line oggenc and mad, faad commands) even exist?)

Harrison Metzger