A feature request...

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Sun Oct 21 15:52:53 UTC 2007

On Sunday 21 October 2007, Luca 'Ziabice' Gambetta wrote:
> Hi!
> I think that amarok is very good and I'm using it to manage my entire
> music collection. Often I find that I don't need some files so I go
> to "Manage Files"->"Delete files" in the playlist to delete these
> music, but I noticed that on the filesystem it leaves all the non-audio
> files... For example, if I have:
>
> /audio/Artist - Album/01 - good music.mp3
> /audio/Artist - Album/folder.jpg
> /audio/Artist - Album/playlist.m3u
>
> If I delete the files thru the menu on the filesystem I'll find:
>
> /audio/Artist - Album/folder.jpg
> /audio/Artist - Album/playlist.m3u
>
> so my question is: it is possible to have an option in the delete
> confirmation dialog to "Remove containing folder" so in one-click I can
> keep my filesystem clean?
> Of course this deleting should be recursive.
> Thanks in advance and keep the good work on!
> Greetz from Italy!

Assuming I'm understanding the question correctly, I don't think it's possible
nor really should it be.  When you are deleting files from the collection,
you're telling it to delete those specific files.  The collection has no
knowledge of what else is in those folders besides the music files it can
store and play.  It doesn't seem to make sense to put an option in like, "if
there are no music files left in the folder, delete the folder."

--Jeff