[observation and suggestion] amarok opens too many connection when updating podcasts

i686 mtzmtulivu at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 10 19:21:09 UTC 2007

Amarok seems to start a new connection for each podcast when checking for new ones ..with 40 podcats, amarok seems to try to open 40 connections simultaneously and usually a good fraction of them chock when the network is slower.

possible solution on my part : not using amarok to manage all my podcasts :-) ...not cool
possible solution on amarok part: have some intelligence as to how many simultaneous connections are made ..10 at a time? 15?

how about having a way to have downloading new podcats quieng? instead of having 5 podcasts sometimes downloading at the same time slowing down everything else?

these could make a lot of difference to people with slower connections ..

thanks for a great product guys