Amarok in OpenSuse 10.3

Robert Smits bob at rsmits.ca
Tue Oct 9 13:36:58 UTC 2007

On Monday 08 October 2007 22:18:31 Sascha Sommer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Dienstag, 9. Oktober 2007, Robert Smits wrote:
> > On Monday 08 October 2007 16:49:56 Christie Harris wrote:
> > > This is probably worth reporting to the opensuse bug tracker, as
> > > they're responsible for the gstreamer support in their Amarok package.
> > >
> > > Christie
> >
> > I reported it to bugzilla finally. I never could make any sense out of
> > the open suse wiki reporter.
>
> What reporter? I never heard of it before.

The one at http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:SDB

Firefox is set to a home page that includes this when you install 10.3.

> The reason amarok is configured to use the yauap/GStreamer engine by
> default is that this is somewhat the only way to get mp3s working with
> amarok out of the box. This way the fluendo mp3 plugin can be used.
> Looks like the playlist issue silently got in with the online update ;(

So far it looks like the only issue I've run across, though I haven't tried to
sync a Palm yet..10.3 looks pretty good.

Bob Smits bob at rsmits.ca
Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your
living room by people you wouldn't have in your home...David Frost