Suggestion for amarok

Greg Meyer greg at gkmweb.com
Sun Oct 7 20:02:09 UTC 2007

On Sunday 07 October 2007, Scott Howard wrote:
> When I have a playlist loaded, I want it to be sorted by artist first, and
> then by song. As far as I can tell, this can't be done if the artist or
> track number ID3 tags are filled in, so I have to go and remove those tags
> for every song. Could it be added in a future release to change the sort
> order?

The playlist should be saved in whatever order you had it in when you made it,
an should thus be restored in whatever order it was saved in, so I guess I am
a little unsure exactly what you mean.  I'll make some assumptions though,
and give you a possible solution.  If I am off base, please clarify.

Try this: after you load the playlist, click on the header of the title
column, then click on the header of the artist column.  This will first sort
alpha by song title, then will sort by artist.  So when you are done, you
should have a list sorted by artist and then by song title.  Is this what you
want?

--
Greg