Questions about Lyrics

Sven Krohlas sven at asbest-online.de
Mon Oct 1 11:49:17 UTC 2007

Hi,

> First: Congratulations on Amarok - it's excellent! I use it all the time
> - just wish I could find something like it for Wndows ( I have non-linux
> user relatives)

Thanks. Amarok 2,0 will hopefully run under Windows, too. For now you
have to tell them to install your favorite Linux distribution. :)

> Where are lyrics stored?

In the database.

> Can I copy  Amarok lyric info across to another PC?

If you copy the database, yes. There might be some scripts to help you,
too, by exporting lyrics to files or the tags.

> Most of the lyrics aren't on lyrc - can I add other lyric sites for
> searching?

Yes.
Tools -> Script manager
There downlaod other lyrics scripts and run them.

> When adding lyrics to lyrc why doesn't Amarok fill the lyrc fields
> automatically as it has all the information required in it's tags?

Bug in the script? No idea...
Maybe have a look if such a bug is already reported at http://bugs.kde.org

> When you export Lyrics where are they stored? I cannot find them on my pc
> I have tried to use wikilyric but it asks for one of ' QtRuby, Ruby/GTK
> or Ruby/Tk ' and I cannot find them in Adept.

We have export functionality?

cu
--
http://krohlas.de/blog/?eid=76