Samsung T10 OGG support

Andy Kelk andy at mopoke.co.uk
Mon Nov 26 22:43:35 UTC 2007

> My question is, how can I tell Amarok to upload OGG files to the device? I
> used the Windows software that came with the device and I was able to
> upload
> OGG music and podcasts. However, when I try to do that with Amarok, I get
> an
> error message stating, something to the effect of, format not supported.

> The "Special Functions" dialog does not list OGG as a supported format.
> The
> box that came with the device does not list OGG either. I was pleasantly
> surprised that it was able to play ogg files.

This is something that would need to be investigated at a libmtp level.
Amarok uses libmtp to get a list of supported formats (this list is what
you see in the "Special Functions" dialog).

If the device is not reporting that it supports ogg, it's probably
something libmtp would need to look at. Can you post the output of
mtp-detect (either here or to the libmtp list, I look at both :-) )

Andy