can't save booleans to a posgresql database

Dirk Heinrichs dirk.heinrichs.ext at nsn.com
Fri Nov 9 07:10:19 UTC 2007

Am Donnerstag, 8. November 2007 schrieb ext Ian Monroe:

> We really shouldn't try to support three different databases. :) It
> also doesn't help that the basic database code is all a hack.

Please continue to do so. I use amarok with a postgresql database
exclusively. Also keep in mind that the file based databases can't be used
in any case (networked home dir). However, what is missing in the current
implementation is that several users can share the same (postgresql, mysql)
database, all having their own ratings, playlists, etc.

> For 2.0, hopefully we'll find another solution.

What about using QT4's database classes?

Bye...

	Dirk
--
Dirk Heinrichs          | Tel:  +49 (0)162 234 3408
Configuration Manager   | Fax:  +49 (0)211 47068 111
Capgemini Deutschland   | Mail: dirk.heinrichs at capgemini.com
Wanheimerstraße 68      | Web:  http://www.capgemini.com
D-40468 Düsseldorf      | ICQ#: 110037733
GPG Public Key C2E467BB | Keyserver: www.keyserver.net