[Feedback] Feature suggestion

K Robinson zwokkqxpozgc+nznebxrznvyyvfg1 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 06:37:00 UTC 2007

On Saturday 03 November 2007 10:49:43 pm Dan wrote:
> craig at clark.name wrote:
> > Craig Clark sent a message using the contact form at
> > http://amarok.kde.org/en/contact.
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > For the backend, rather than sqllite or similar could you use the iTunes
> > xml library so the same library info is recorded between all my PC's.
>
> Instead of asking us this question.. why not ask apple if they can store
> the library in an Amarok sqlite database? I'm sure they would be willing
> to embrace an open alternative!

Perhaps Apple and Amarok should both have pluggable database back ends, so
they can both interchangeably use each other's data.  Or perhaps someone
could write a program that converts and/or syncs the two formats.  Maybe we
should build a quantum entanglement module into it so you're never sure which
format the database is really in until you look at it.