[Feedback] Amarok kills Xwindows.

lhopcraft at digitalcopiers.ca lhopcraft at digitalcopiers.ca
Fri Nov 2 19:44:35 UTC 2007

Louis sent a message using the contact form at
http://amarok.kde.org/en/contact.

Hi.

I'm uning Ubuntu 7.10 and gnome.   Everytime I start amarok, it kills my
xwinows, and I have to re-login.  I've uninstall and re-installed, but
nothing seems to help.  I have that only part of .xsession-errors that
might have a clue, but I don't know what it means.

" more .xsession-errors

(process:5855): Gtk-WARNING **: This process is currently running setuid
or setgid.
This is not a supported use of GTK+. You must create a helper
program instead. For further details, see:

    http://www.gtk.org/setuid.html

Refusing to initialize GTK+.

(process:5859): Gtk-WARNING **: This process is currently running setuid
or setgid.
This is not a supported use of GTK+. You must create a helper
program instead. For further details, see:

    http://www.gtk.org/setuid.html

Refusing to initialize GTK+.
/etc/gdm/Xsession: Beginning session setup...
Checking for nVidia: not present.
Starting Xgl with options:  -accel xv:pbuffer -accel glx:pbuffer -nolisten
tcp -fullscreen -br +xinerama
Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/X11/TTF/, removing from
list!
Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/X11/OTF, removing from
list!
Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/X11/CID/, removing from
list!
FreeFontPath: FPE "/usr/share/fonts/X11/misc/" refcount is 2, should be 1;
fixing.
Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/X11/TTF/, removing from
list!
Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/X11/OTF, removing from
list!
Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/X11/CID/, removing from
list!
SESSION_MANAGER=local/lhopcraft-laptop:/tmp/.ICE-unix/5852
Checking for Xgl: present.
Checking for nVidia: not present.
Checking for Xgl: present.
Starting gtk-window-decorator
Initializing gnome-mount extension
** Message: Not starting remote desktop server

Tracker version 0.6.3 Copyright (c) 2005-2007 by Jamie McCracken
(jamiemcc at gnome.org)

This program is free software and comes without any warranty.
It is licensed under version 2 or later of the General Public License
which can be viewed at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt

Initialising tracker...
Could not set idle IO priority...attempting best effort 7 priority
Throttle level is 0
evolution-alarm-notify-Message: Setting timeout for 16497 1194048000
1194031503
evolution-alarm-notify-Message:  Fri Nov  2 18:00:00 2007

evolution-alarm-notify-Message:  Fri Nov  2 13:25:03 2007

/usr/bin/compiz.real (video) - Warn: No 8 bit GLX pixmap format, disabling
YV12 image format

(gnome-panel:5936): Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to
allocate widget with width -28 and height 24
can't create mcop directory
Link points to "/tmp/ksocket-lhopcraft"
can't create mcop directory
Creating link /home/lhopcraft/.kde/socket-lhopcraft-laptop."