combining several smart playlists weigtedly

Rich rich at hq.vsaa.lv
Fri Nov 2 09:16:13 UTC 2007

On 2007.11.01. 22:51, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is it possible to combine several smart playlists weigtedly?
>
> I.e. have a dynamic playlist with
>
> a) 60% of songs with >80 rating and >8 times played and >21 days since
> last played
>
> b) 20% of new songs (last 6 month for example) and >21 or >7 days since
> last played
>
> c) 20% of songs played less than 8 times

not exactly like that. you could make something based on more strict
rules, like a smart playlist with a rule for tracks not played during
last two weeks.
then, you can weight the outcome by rating :
http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Dynamic_Playlist_Walkthrough#Tips

as for the scenario you described - that's pretty complicated both by
logic and possible ui. if that could be done with a very simple ui, it
might be interesting, but a textbox for user to write sql queries
probably wouldn't be accepted :)

--
  Rich