Amarok, labels and smart playlists

Gleb Litvjak blaster999 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 18:28:14 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I've been an Amarok user for quite a long time (since v. 1.1), and it's the
best player I've ever seen. It's easy to use yet very powerful, and it helped
me to organize my collection, which I would never try to do by hand.

Now, to the not-so-pleasant things. Amarok's smart playlists is a great
feature. It allows to select songs from the collection based on custom
conditions. I tried to create a smart playlist, containing all rock songs
downloaded from Jamendo. So I added 2 conditions in the section "match all of
the following":
Label contains "rock"
Label contains "jamendo"

(I have added "jamendo" label to all the songs downloaded from there). The
result is unexpected: I get an empty playlist. Aparently, Amarok searches for
songs, containing both "rock" and "jamendo" in the same label, while it
should look in all labels for the same song. Another annoyance is that if a
song has both "rock" and "hard rock" as labels, it will be selected twice if
the condition is 'Label contains "rock"'. In my opinion this behavior differs
from the expected - can we call it a bug?

Best regards,
Gleb
--
Registered Linux user #439949