[Feedback] Amarok rocks!

jstalnak at wisc.edu jstalnak at wisc.edu
Tue May 29 20:52:48 UTC 2007

Guy Stalnaker sent a message using the contact form at
http://amarok.kde.org/en/contact.

Folks, to all the developers and creative designers who've worked on
Amarok, my thanks.  You've just done something that Apple's own iTunes
could not do -- open a wrapped mp3 file (which plays fine in Amarok and
RealPlayer but not Quicktime or iTunes on a MacBook) AND AND AND mount my
iPod Shuffle (kubuntu 7.04 btw) AND let me transfer the file to it AND
listen to it.  Very, very cool. This is hands down OpenSource at its
finest.

Since I have you on the line (as it were) there are only two, teensy
things I, as a user, would like to see -- a better Collection browser.
The ability to filter on Genre is great, but I have to go through the whole
Edit Filter, Add Genre as the type, type in the Genre, hit go, etc.  Having
a set of three drop down menus, one with the genres, one with the artists,
and one with albums, would greatly simplify the filtering.  Also, though I
know I'm in the minority, a better/smaller/more clealy designed mini-window
would be very much welcomed.