Mplayer Engine Support

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Mon May 14 14:09:13 UTC 2007

There isn't an mplayer library so an 'mplayer' engine is impossible
pretty much. There is an ffmpeg library, but I think it works at a
lower level then a library like gstreamer or xine.

In reality though we don't have much interest in adding new engines.
Amarok 2 is probably just going to use Phonon (which is an abstract
layer that uses its own backends like libxine or gstreamer) or the
libxine engine we already have. That said... an engine that works
nicely on all three platforms would be nice, I almost started
developing a VideoLAN phonon engine this summer.

Thanks for your interest though! If your interested in helping out
developing trunk, read
http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/2.0_Development_HowTo

Ian Monroe