Bugs in SVN

Justin F. Knotzke jknotzke at shampoo.ca
Sat May 12 11:59:08 UTC 2007

On 11/05/07, Jeff Mitchell <kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 May 2007, Justin F. Knotzke wrote:
> >    It copies the files over, however, the collection lists all the
> > songs twice. There is only one actual physical copy of the file in the
> > directory but the collection lists each song two times.
>
> I'll try to look at this.  There's been some sort of a double-add in the code
> for a long time but I could never pin down exactly when it happened.  For
> instance, I used to see it when new things were added in folders and a scan
> was done, but this was fixed by the collection browser being redrawn after.
> Perhaps that isn't being done when copying in music that way.

> >    If I attempt to add new tracks after this, Amarok states that it
> > cannot update the database on the iPod.
>
> I don't have an iPod which makes it fairly impossible to look at this,
> however -- what version of libgpod are you using?  And also, were you using a
> different version before?  I remember hearing something either in IRC, or on
> this or the gtkpod-devel mailing list about artwork troubles, but unless our
> plugin is doing something funky it may be a libgpod issue.  Perhaps other
> Amarokers with iPods can look into this.

    I think this bug is related to the doubles issue at the start of this mail.

    I say this because I went back into Windows, and iTunes reset the
entire database to my iPod. I booted back into Linux and went back
into Amarok and added new podcasts and also added new songs but only
by manually copying the files into the collection and running "rescan
collection" and artwork on the iPod works fine.

   To test this theory, I'd have to add new music using the "copy to
collection" feature and then moving to my iPod to see what happens..

   But I did notice that playlists.cpp changed before the bug appeared
and playlists.cpp was changed again when the bug disappeared. But that
could be purely a coincidence.

   What I need to do is load amarok's code into Kdevelop and see for
myself. I just haven't had the time yet..

Justin F. Knotzke
jknotzke at shampoo.ca
http://www.shampoo.ca