Bugs in SVN

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Sat May 12 03:09:45 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 09 May 2007, Justin F. Knotzke wrote:
>    Right, then I'd like to point out two possible bugs I encountered
> in this mornings's svn.
>
>    The first is copying music from one folder into my collection using
> Amarok's feature that does just this.
>
>    It copies the files over, however, the collection lists all the
> songs twice. There is only one actual physical copy of the file in the
> directory but the collection lists each song two times.

I'll try to look at this.  There's been some sort of a double-add in the code
for a long time but I could never pin down exactly when it happened.  For
instance, I used to see it when new things were added in folders and a scan
was done, but this was fixed by the collection browser being redrawn after.
Perhaps that isn't being done when copying in music that way.

>    If I manually copy the files over and then do a "rescan collection"
> all is OK.
>
>    The second bug is when copying files over to the iPod. I have a 6th
> gen white 30 gig iPod. The files are copied over fine, but the artwork
> gives bizaare behaviour.
>
>     Say I have 4 artists on my iPod:
>
>     1) Foo Fighters (new)
>     2) Eric Clapton (new)
>     3) B.B King
>     4) Nelly Furtado
>
>    1 and 2 were copied to the iPod using the current codebase in svn.
> 3 and 4 had been copied using a previous version of  the code in SVN
> (before playlists.cpp had changed I believe) If I first play B.B King,
> the artwork shown on the iPod is B.B King. If I then play Eric
> Clapton, B.B King's artwork is shown.
>
>    If I play Nelly Furtado, Nelly Furtado is shown. If I play Foo
> Fighters, Nelly Furtado is shown. It appears the database is corrupt
> in such a way that it plays whatever was last played for all new
> tracks added.
>
>    If I attempt to add new tracks after this, Amarok states that it
> cannot update the database on the iPod.

I don't have an iPod which makes it fairly impossible to look at this,
however -- what version of libgpod are you using?  And also, were you using a
different version before?  I remember hearing something either in IRC, or on
this or the gtkpod-devel mailing list about artwork troubles, but unless our
plugin is doing something funky it may be a libgpod issue.  Perhaps other
Amarokers with iPods can look into this.

--Jeff