Bugs in SVN

Justin F. Knotzke jknotzke at shampoo.ca
Wed May 9 16:30:29 UTC 2007

   Right, then I'd like to point out two possible bugs I encountered
in this mornings's svn.

   The first is copying music from one folder into my collection using
Amarok's feature that does just this.

   It copies the files over, however, the collection lists all the
songs twice. There is only one actual physical copy of the file in the
directory but the collection lists each song two times.

   If I manually copy the files over and then do a "rescan collection"
all is OK.

   The second bug is when copying files over to the iPod. I have a 6th
gen white 30 gig iPod. The files are copied over fine, but the artwork
gives bizaare behaviour.

    Say I have 4 artists on my iPod:

    1) Foo Fighters (new)
    2) Eric Clapton (new)
    3) B.B King
    4) Nelly Furtado

   1 and 2 were copied to the iPod using the current codebase in svn.
3 and 4 had been copied using a previous version of  the code in SVN
(before playlists.cpp had changed I believe) If I first play B.B King,
the artwork shown on the iPod is B.B King. If I then play Eric
Clapton, B.B King's artwork is shown.

   If I play Nelly Furtado, Nelly Furtado is shown. If I play Foo
Fighters, Nelly Furtado is shown. It appears the database is corrupt
in such a way that it plays whatever was last played for all new
tracks added.

   If I attempt to add new tracks after this, Amarok states that it
cannot update the database on the iPod.

   I hope that explains it well enough. If not, please let me know
what else I can present.

   Thanks

Justin F. Knotzke
jknotzke at shampoo.ca