[Feedback] recognition of danish letters

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen leinir at leinir.dk
Tue May 1 17:43:37 UTC 2007

Tuesday 01 May 2007 skrev lundbymads at hotmail.com:
> Mads Lundby sent a message using the contact form at
> http://amarok.kde.org/en/contact.
>
> I'm very pleased with the Amarok application. It is a shame though, that
> danish letters æ, ø and å is not recognized when I import my danish
> music. Though this may not be a huge problem, it sends the signal to me as
> a non-english user, that the application is not fully developed.
>
> P.S. I have noticed, that there's a solution for my problem in the FAQ.
> But I do not dare to fumble around with perl scripts just yet.
>
> Thank you and keep up the good work!

  Well, as a dane, i can tell you this is not true - it /does/ work, just not
if your tags are done incorrectly :) (that is, id3v1 should always be
ISO8859-1, meaning that international characters, even Danish ones, get
garbled), and id3v2 should always be UTF-8, meaning again that if you do
anything else, it'll get garbled. Some tools unfortunately do it wrong, and
as such it makes /us/ look bad for insisting on following the standards ;)
Also, please make sure you're using version 1.4.3 at the very least :)
  Thanks for the kind words too! :D

--
..Dan // Leinir..
http://www.leinir.dk/