Can't Compile Stable from SVN

David R. Litwin presently42 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 03:19:35 UTC 2007

My problem is NOT related to using the KDE4 version, just so that is ruled
out.

I have been unable to compile Amarok stable from SVN since Ferbuary. The
show-stopper:

/usr/bin/meinproc --check --cache ./doc/en/index.cache.bz2
/home/david/Programmes/Amarok/amarok-svn/doc/en/index.docbook
/usr/bin/meinproc: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libxslt.so.1: undefined
symbol: xmlIsBaseCharGroup
Error creating ./doc/en/index.cache.bz2. Exit status 127.

I am using Debian unstable with bits of experimental. It is this which I
think has caused the error. But, I can't figure out what specificaly is the
problem.

I looked up this error on google a while ago and discovered that it is
related to libxml. I made sure both libxml and libxslt were up to date: They
were and continue to be.

Any help (including not compilling the documentation, as I never use the
on-disk stuff any way) would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

--
—A watched bread-crumb never boils.
—My hover-craft is full of eels.