Advanced shuffle / auto-insert tracks

Mark mark at voidzero.net
Mon Mar 26 20:44:48 UTC 2007

Hello,

I have subscribed to this list after reading a similar idea on marc.info.

There has been a plugin for winamp out there together with the source
code. The plugin is called ROBODJ, and someone has told me that it uses
a distinguishable and sophisticated shuffling method. Because he told me
this years ago, I can't recall much about it. I just know it adds n
songs to the playlist when there are x songs left in it, and using a
very nice preference method. Unfortunately this plugin hasn't been in
development for years.

I am hoping, and have been hoping for years that there would be someone
inspired to re-create this plugin, for amarok. I myself am not a
developer. I do know that this plugin could boost up the popularity for
Amarok. I have read that ITunes has a similar shuffling feature, but it
have been many years since I have worked with windows, so I'm not
familiar with this program.

The source, as well as a precompiled version are to be downloaded from
http://www.burnap.net/RoboDJ/source/RoboDJ_1_0rc1.zip resp.
http://www.burnap.net/RoboDJ/downloads/RoboDJ_1_0rc1.exe

I am eagerly awaiting the reply of readers.

Thank you,

Mark.

--

  |~ Mark van Dijk, mark at voidzero.net.
 ~|  "If you put your supper dish to your ear
 ~|   you can hear the sounds of a restaurant."
 ~|    -- Snoopy.