Inappropriate program comment in amarok.desktop

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 16:34:32 UTC 2007

Hello,

The amarok.desktop file contains an inappropriate description of the program:

"Uncle Rodney says "10/10, Amarok is seriously super".

This comment field is used to create package descriptions in some
distributions, notably Debian ( and therefore, Ubuntu ).  This is
particularly embarrassing for Ubuntu since it appears on the first
page of the Add/Remove Programs tool.  The comment needs to be brief
and to the point, explaining what the program does.

eg:
"Music player"
"Rediscover your music"
"Music player - Rediscover your music"

Other suggestions welcome.

There is apparently a confirmed wishlist bug for this, but I was not
able to locate it.
Relevant Ubuntu bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/amarok/+bug/46526

I am not subscribed to this list, please CC me in any replies.

Regards,
Robert.