Amarok cannot connect to X -- SOLVED

Mike McCallister workingwriter at prodigy.net
Mon Mar 19 11:53:56 UTC 2007

Figured out what happened. I was experimenting with Novell's AppArmor tool
(package-specific Internet security), and made a profile for an
already-running instance of Amarok. Subsequent attempts to launch Amarok were
prevented by AppArmor. Removing the AppArmor profile freed Amarok from its
jail.

Thanks to Jonathan Ryshpan for a helpful idea.

Mike

--

Mike McCallister		ProTek Writing Services
workingwriter at prodigy.net	"Translation from the Geek a specialty"