Amarok cannot connect to X

Mike McCallister workingwriter at prodigy.net
Sun Mar 18 13:07:38 UTC 2007

Hi folks!

I posted this on the forum, searched the buglist, and Googled on the error
message. It's a strange problem. I am in 64-bit openSUSE 10.2, Amarok 1.4.5
(latest Guru package). Amarok was working fine for a long while, now it tries
to launch and dies. The Konsole error reads:

_X11TransSocketINETConnect() can't get address for localhost:6000: Name or
service not known
: cannot connect to X server :0

KDE is running fine, so clearly I've got an X server running. All thoughts
appreciated.

--

Mike McCallister		ProTek Writing Services
workingwriter at prodigy.net	"Translation from the Geek a specialty"