[Feedback] MOG.com

Stephen Sundberg smanofsteel76 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 02:01:03 UTC 2007

Hey Amarok personnel,

     I am actually a member of both MOG and Last.fm.  I like MOG.com because
it also keeps track of your library and displays your new music on your MOG
page along with your other stats.  I also like the look of my page where
people can see all my stats and I can skin it with many skins to choose
from.  I am not sure if Last.fm has such a nice profile page with so much
content to add.  In addition, I like the fact that MOG is more like a
MySpace for music lovers and the feel of the site seems easier to navigate
than Last.fm.  The big thing is the blog though.  Last.fm does not allow you
to upload pictures to your journal, you have to link it.
    The reason I feel that Amarok should incorporate MOG into its interface
is not only because I am a MOG user but also because Amarok is a program on
Linux and Linux is all about the users choice.  Just like a user can choose
a particular desktop environment (KDE or Gnome), Amarok should allow the
user to choose what music stat/social site they would want to use, or both
if that applies.  The bottom line is the end user should have a choice.
     Thanks for reading my e-mail and responding to it.  It means a lot that
I have been heard on this issue and keep up the good work on the best music
player I have used, in my opinion.  Right now I am torn between Microsoft
Windows and Ubuntu Feisty Fawn and Amarok is swaying me to the Linux side.
I like it more than Winamp even and that says a lot.  I just think Amarok
could use some more plugins/scripts so that a user, like myself, can make it
his own experience.  Anyway, thanks for listening.

Sincerely,
Steve
_______________________________________
smanofsteel76 at gmail.com