yauap and xine engine problems: no sound from either

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Thu Mar 8 21:30:05 UTC 2007

On 8 Mar 2007, Jeff Mitchell uttered the following:
> On Wednesday 07 March 2007, Nix wrote:
>> ** ERROR **: file dbus-gproxy.c: line 2167
>> (dbus_g_proxy_begin_call_internal): assertion failed: (pending != NULL)
>> aborting...
>> Very strange! got a DCOPReplyWait opcode, but we were not waiting for a
>> reply! Very strange! got a DCOPReplyDelayed opcode, but we were not waiting
>> for a reply!
>
> Are you using SVN Amarok from the stable branch?

Yes: svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/stable/extragear/multimedia/amarok/

Digging into xine-lib now, I'm sure amarok's somehow using it wrong but
before I can find out how I'll need to learn how to use it right :)

>                                                   Amarok 1.4 in the stable
> branch doesn't use dbus, at all, period (unless yauap does, which I don't
> know about).

yauap's only means of communicating other than via the terminal is via a
d-bus control interface.

>               If you're using r640148 trunk, you're using the 2.0 development
> branch which is almost guaranteed not to work  :-)

It wouldn't compile right now for me: I don't have any kde4 libraries
install :)

--
`In the future, company names will be a 32-character hex string.'
  --- Bruce Schneier on the shortage of company names