Sky.fm to a file.mp3

Donn Washburn n5xwb at hal-pc.org
Wed Mar 7 00:54:38 UTC 2007

Hey Group;

Recently I wanted to take a URL streaming audio which play great on
Amarok and save it to a file.  Amarok to my knowledge has no way of
doing it.  So, while looking around I ran across a old program that is a
console (no X version) only tool.  It is "streamripper".  Using the
www.sky.fm file and "less smoothjazz.pls"  Next. I downloaded and
compiled a application from
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=6172&package_id=135478
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/streamripper/streamripper-1.61.27.tar.gz

Did an little "man streamripper" and guess what is going on?

It is coping the URL info into a .mp3.  Call up Amarok or Audacity and
what do I hear but one of the sky.fm smoothjazz melodies which are saved
to a file.mp3.

--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street     Email: " n5xwb at hal-pc.org "

Did you know?
The transistor was invented by three white men.