33 1/3RPM to wav

Donn Washburn n5xwb at hal-pc.org
Sat Mar 3 23:33:16 UTC 2007

Hey Group;

I am about to embark on a job helping someone to get a 33 1/3 RPM old
audio record (as if you could find a new one.

Question number one is - I don't recall a true line level stereo input
on PC sound card.  I do recall a AUX/CD stereo connector on the card or
a 1/8" stereo Line IN (at least I would like to see one) that can accept
a line from a HIFI type amp stereo line out.

  From there I would have a linux mixer (qamix, kmix or the like) play
back over the speakers that signal.  From a mixer I could create a
audiofile.wav.

Question #2  Anyone have knowledge from that point?

I would ultimately like to burn the audiofile.wav to a CD

Even better capture the music on www.sky.fm/smoothjazz which amarok does
so well.

--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street     Email: " n5xwb at hal-pc.org "

Did you know?
The transistor was invented by three white men.