Amarok 1.4.5 and daap (mt-daapd)

Cédric Boutillier cedric.boutillier at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 11:09:01 UTC 2007

Hi !

Thanks for your answer.

On 3/2/07, Andrew Ash <ash211 at gmail.com> wrote:
> There is a wiki page about it, but in short you need various KDE Network
> stuff and you need a correctly installed/configured nss_mdns module too
> (to do the name resolution via zeroconf/avahi).

I have in principle all these services working: I see on all the
machines the services published (ssh, ftp,...).

> Can you see your daap server via the command line tools (avahi)?

I do see the daap server when I use avahi-discover or avahi-browse
-all. However, on the web page mentionned in my previous message, It
is written that the names of the daap servers should appear
automatically in Amarok, when the Deivec Shared Music is connected,
which is not the case for me :(