Amarok 1.4.5 and 1.4.6 freeze

Orcan Ogetbil orcanbahri at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 27 15:53:05 UTC 2007

--- Jeff Mitchell <kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday 27 June 2007, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
> > I checked ldd output. Everything is normal. In
> fact, I
> > was able to compile amarok 1.4.6 myself.
> >
> > Let me be clearer about this freezing issue:
> >
> > When the player is playing with xine engine for a
> > while, the music stops all of a sudden. It happens
> in
> > the middle of the track; not necessarily while
> > changing the track. I call this a soft freeze.
> >
> > The reason is: I can still minimize and maximize
> the
> > amarok window, access the above menus etc. I can
> even
> > push Quit to leave amarok. The GUI is not yet
> > completely frozen, it redraws well when I
> > minimize/maximize. The buttons are clickable,
> however
> > the visualizer next to the buttons is frozen, as
> if it
> > is like paused. However the paused button is not
> > pushed down. Whenever I click any of the buttons
> > (pause, stop, previous, next), GUI freezes.
> >
> > I call this a hard freeze. Nothing is accessable
> from
> > now on and I have to kill amarok.
> >
> > On my previous post I attached a gdb backtrace
> during
> > a "soft freeze". The attachment I posted on this
> > message is the gdb backtrace after the "hard
> freeze".
> > I pushed the stop button during a "soft freeze" to
> > produce the "hard freeze".
>
> What version of Xine are you using?  We don't often
> see problems with music
> freezing unless the Xine installation is broke.
>
> --Jeff

It is xine-lib-1.1.7 on Fedora 7. You can find all my
system info in my original post:
http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/amarok/2007-June/003707.html

I tried it both with the binary package and
self-compiled package.
I thought there was a problem with xine in the first
place. But I can play mp3's fine with xine when I'm on
the console. Kaffeine can play them as well without
freezing. Now,

-What should I do?
-Do the backtraces I sent mean anything?

I'm out of ideas. Thanks,
Orcan