amarok doubt

Gleb Litvjak blaster999 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 12:24:06 UTC 2007

> i have a collection of about 500+ songs. the collection spans multiple
> folders.

Folders are irrelevant :) Amarok scans metadata and allows to group tracks by
any metatag (artist, album, genre, year)/

> what i want is a single playlist of all the songs in my
> collection and to play them randomly. the playlist shud be dynamic in
> the sense that when i add/del/rename/move,etc files in collection, it
> shud be reflected in the playlist. this need not be automatic,
> manually initiating the playlist update process using gui will do.

Amarok has a smart playlist called "All collection" - I guess that's what you
want
> and
> also searching this playlist as and when reqd to queue/play particular
> songs. can this be achieved in amarok ??

Sure. There's a search bar at the top of the playlist. To queue a track, right
click it and set "Queue track". You can also Ctrl+Right click, or select a
track and press Ctrl+D (these actions will do exactly the same).
--
Registered Linux user #439949
http://counter.li.org/