AW: Can´t disconnect Ipod after transfering songs, letting all files on the ipod orphaned.

Jörg Spilker js at jetsys.de
Tue Jul 10 10:01:09 UTC 2007

Hi Martin,

> Is your Amarok compiled against the cited libgpod version or
> did you install that later on? How did you get your versions
> of Amarok and libgpod?

well, my distribution ist OpenSuSE 10.2. I download the libgpod source rpm
and replaced the source tarball with the latest checkout from svn. Then i
compiled libgpod and installed the binary rpm (which forces me to remove
amarok first). Now i downloaded the source rpm for amarok 1.4.6 (from the
Guru repository) and did a compile and install of amarok.

> You could still do a 'eject /dev/sde2' as root in order to
> unmount the ipod.
> However, this would not solve your problem.

well, unmounting doesn´t work because "/dev/sde2" is still busy.

> distribution do you use?

SuSE 10.2

> Which versions have been the last to work?

well, my last Ipod was stolen during my holidays in Feb/March and the new
one is just some weeks old. So i know it worked with amarok version from
January. But i think this doesn´t help.

Greetings, Jörg