Can´t disconnect Ipod after transfering songs, letting all files on the ipod orphaned.

Martin Aumueller aumuell at reserv.at
Sun Jul 8 21:35:38 UTC 2007

Hi Joerg!

On Sunday 08 July 2007, Jörg Spilker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i´m using Amarok 1.4.6 with libgpod-0.5.3SVN-6.1. When i connect my IPod,
> everything is fine. The device /dev/sde2 is mounted to /media/12spilks IP
> and i can transfer files.

Is your Amarok compiled against the cited libgpod version or did you install
that later on? How did you get your versions of Amarok and libgpod?

> However when i try to disconnect, nothing happens. The Ipod shows still the
> message "do not disconnect". But /dev/sde2 isn´t unmounted. So the only way
> for me is to manually remove the Ipod which leaves all the copied files as
> orphaned and unusuable on the ipod.

You could still do a 'eject /dev/sde2' as root in order to unmount the ipod.
However, this would not solve your problem.

> I´ve attached the debug output. Maybe someone has an idea how to get it
> work.

Waht are your mount options on the ipod filesystem? What distribution do you
use? Which versions have been the last to work?

Martin