Gapless playback

Reigo Reinmets reigo.reinmets at hot.ee
Sun Jul 1 06:39:34 UTC 2007

Vodka + "su -" = Cute Suprises in the morning!

Anyway, I would actualy suggest you to try enableing the crossfading
with 250ms time... This should force Amarok to try opening the song a
bit earlier and so short fading shouldn't affect much of the listening
pleasure.

Though, i'm not an expert, but Guys, saying that mp3 can't be gapless
because of the format is a bit bs :) my winamp does it wihtout a problem
since... mm... 2001 maybe? I Do understand the techincal difficulties in
Amarok though, as far as i can remember each song got his own proccess
of Xine? no? Maybe if the engine would pre-fetch the next song and when
the right time arrives, only MyEngine.Play(); or smth is issued to the
engine? Haven't looked into Amarok's source almost 2 years so, can't be
sure though... Probably all crap text so just ignore me :)