making stars the same color again

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Mon Jan 29 10:34:57 UTC 2007

On Monday 29 January 2007 02:18, Alexandre Oliveira wrote:
> If you fix the consistency problem and find not so bad colors, I'm
> okay with that.
> However, remember our release is very close. Options aren't possible
> now, as they'd be new strings.
> As I said, I liked it myself, but wasn't willing to fix it before this
> release, and by considering how many times I've seen people
> complaining about it, without seeing any action, I thought nobody else
> wanted to fix it.

Hmm...I hadn't seen complaining on the mailing list, but I haven't really been
able to be on IRC much in the last few months.  So that's probably why people
have complained without any action.

As far as release/strings, if we want to get this into the 1.4.x series (and
why not -- we know people like it, at least if they can have the colors they
want or turn it off if they want), then I'll get it into SVN very soon after
1.4.5 release...so we can have one new option for 1.4.6.  If people are dead
set against a new option since we'd officially be in maintenance mode (but
hey, we'd just be following in KDE's 4.0-porting footsteps here), then I'd
say push back release a week and lift string freeze to get two more strings
in there.  I'm guessing that will not be a popular choice however.

Would it be palatable to everyone if they could turn it off, and if they could
select the colors they liked for each star ranking?  Would even the die hard
anti-option devs be happy if I made it simple and elegant in the settings
dialog?  :-)

--Jeff