making stars the same color again

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Mon Jan 29 09:58:11 UTC 2007

On Monday 29 January 2007 01:39, Alexandre Oliveira wrote:
> it wasn't the only reason it was removed. The most important was the
> lack of consistency with other parts of Amarok.
> I'll ignore the bitching and won't start a flame, sorry.

As far as consistency with other parts of Amarok I'm perfectly willing to fix
it.  It was just never pointed out before, at least not to me, and I've had
very little time since the beginning of November to test things out so I
never noticed it.

As for my email, I wasn't trying to start a flame.  I'm making the point that
while I know various developers feel various ways about options, the current
system doesn't jibe with reality.  The reality is that we *do* have options
that control the user interface experience.  Whether developers like them
being there or not, they're there because people want them, like them, and
use them.

I understand the "options are there because developers couldn't figure the
right way for something to be" viewpoint.  But Amarok is popular and thrives
because we listen to our userbase...we give them the features they want, fix
the bugs they want, and help them out with problems.  Removing a popular
feature because some of the developers can't decide what the defaults should
be and don't want to allow the user to choose it is a disservice to our
users.

--Jeff