Why was the character set override option removed?

Vivia Nikolaidou vivia at ee.auth.gr
Wed Jan 24 17:23:18 UTC 2007

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007, Mark Kretschmann wrote:

> On Wednesday 24 January 2007 17:35, Hans Ecke wrote:
> > Moving on, what do you recommend for me?
>
> I recommend EasyTag. I understand it's able to batch convert your files.

I do NOT recomment EasyTag. Instead of writing Greek characters to my
files, it wrote garbage. Fortunately I was able to stop it before it did
any further damage. For now, I'm manually converting all my collection to
Greeklish, because ID3 seems to be too left behind in internationalization
(for example, in many portable MP3-players)... :(

Having back this option in Amarok would solve the problem for me, at least
when I am on my PC, so if anyone has a patch, please send it to me too.
However, it still doesn't solve the problem of portable devices...