Why was the character set override option removed?

Hans Ecke hans at mesoscopic.mines.edu
Wed Jan 24 17:04:47 UTC 2007

> > Moving on, what do you recommend for me?
>
> I recommend EasyTag. I understand it's able to batch convert your files.

Well, I have been able to convert my files. Took a bit of work because
the recommended tools crashed a lot, but I found something that actually
worked (Mutagen). But now neither Amarok nor Xmms can read my tags.

Can you point me to the changeset for the feature removal? Maybe I'll
manage to compile my own version. Otherwise I'll just have to keep using
amarok 1.3.

Sorry to be a bother.