mad mp3 decoder

Domel domel at fastmail.net
Tue Jan 23 08:30:06 UTC 2007

Thanks a lot Ian.
On xmms there is a noticable advantage in sound quality (not loudness)
when using the default mp3 decoder and the one from mad.
I cannot find any hints on how to pray xine use the mad decoder, but it
is not necessarily a topic for this ML.
So, I was wrong, and thanks for point it out. Nevertheless, the EQ
plugin for xmms (only with the extra filtering on) sounds a bit better
for me than the equalizer in Amarok (and I dont mean loudness)
Thanks again,
Domel