mad mp3 decoder

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Mon Jan 22 20:05:39 UTC 2007

Xine can be setup to use mad or ffmpeg to decode MP3s I believe. (MAD
itself is just a decoding library and doesn't know anything about how
to make sounds). I highly doubt there's much difference. But anyways,
you could look into setting that up.

Make sure you turn off your equalizer when comparing "quality". Its
recently been fixed, but it used to be that the Xine equalizer would
make things much quieter.

Ian